What We Believe
What We Believe
Redeemed Assembly holds to the following biblical principles.
Statement of Faith
The Apostolic Faith is that set of doctrines believed in and practiced by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ as found in the Holy Scriptures, especially the New Testament. We hold to the following Apostolic beliefs and doctrines:
- RAJCA believes in the fundamental principle of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ according to I Corinthians 15:1-4.
- RAJCA believes in one Lord, one Faith, and one Baptism according to Ephesians 4:5.
- RAJCA believes in the oneness of God, that Jehovah God of the Old Testament is Jesus Christ of the New Testament.
- RAJCA believes in repentance, water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and being ﬁlled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues according to Acts 2:4.
- RAJCA believes that the Bible is the infallible word of God written by men as they were inspired by God according to II Timothy 3:16-17.
- RAJCA believes that the primary duty of the church is to win the lost to Christ according to St. Matthew 28:19-20, and to nurture and equip the saints “…til we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:13.
- RAJCA believes in and celebrates Holy Communion remembering the suﬀering and death of the Lord Jesus Christ according to I Corinthians 11:23-26.
- RAJCA believes in the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, at whose return will rapture out the saints according to I Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- RAJCA believes that truth proclaimed without love is brutality, and love without the truth is sentimentality.
III. About People
People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. The Bible teaches that every Christian is called to “full-time” Christian service, regardless of his or her vocation. We practice the truth that every believer is a minister by encouraging every member to find their unique place of service and ministry. Finally, we believe that every believer has direct access to God through prayer and Bible reading.
The Plan of Salvation
At Redeemed Assembly there are no sinners emeritus: We are imperfect people who believe in the saving and changing power of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe God’s will is only activated in our lives by faith. He will never force Himself upon us. Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. RA believes one must first repent (turn from one’s self-ruled life and turn to Jesus), receive water baptism in the saving name of the Lord Jesus Christ (the public announcement of being identified with Christ; the engagement ) Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38, and be filled with the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 in order to be saved from damnation. Daily dependence on God’s Spirit enables us to do what is right. (Phil. 2:13, Eph. 5:18)